July 24, 2020
Dear Palermo Families:
Thank you for your continued patience as we continue to plan for the upcoming school year during the changing conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our goal as a district was to return to in-person instruction, however, due to our county’s placement on the state’s COVID-19 monitoring list we are unable to open for in-person instruction at this time.
I realize that this is not the news that any of us wanted to hear. It was with heavy hearts that the board approved my recommendation that we return to distance learning for the first trimester of the 2020 -2021 school year. We will continue to work with Butte County Public Health to determine our instructional plans for the second trimester.
School sites will be shifting their focus to planning for distance learning and will be sending out detailed information as soon as possible. I have listed below the details that I am able to share at this time:
- The first day of school for PUESD’s online distance learning will be August 12th.
- All students will be issued a chromebook.
- All grade levels will be using the Acellus Accelerated Learning program to provide direct instruction to students.
- Daily participation is required.
- Grades will be issued.
- We will continue to provide “to go” meals for our students.
- We will be working on developing options to provide WIFI access to students who do not have reliable internet access.
Although the 2020 – 2021 will not be normal, we are committed to providing a focused, standards based and rigorous education for your student(s) this year. We will continue to provide daily live interaction and support to students and their families as they engage in online distance learning through the use of zoom meetings, phone calls, text messages, etc.
Please remember to complete your student’s online registration as soon as possible. Registration “snap codes” for returning students were mailed out to families last week. If you need assistance with the registration process please contact the district office at 530-533-4842.
Please continue to monitor the school and district websites for updated information.